Lazy Luddite Log

4.7.06

Very Big <-----> Very Small

More stuff from saved messages...

There is all sorts of novel and crazy stuff on the Internet and the best person I know for finding that stuff has to be Damien. Of all the many links he has forwarded onto friends I reckon this one is still the most impressive.

I cannot truly comprehend the very big nor the very small but that demonstration brings me just a tiny bit closer to some kind of appreciation. And it blows my mind. We (I anyway) cannot conceive of these things let alone anything like infinity. And likewise with eternity we are hopelessly stumped. I cannot imagine something continuing forever. And yet nor can I imagine something just stopping. What I can imagine is "something here then a bit more further on then a bit more further on..." but never the whole thing or the whole nothing.

Share and enjoy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home