Lazy Luddite Log

16.8.06

Flow of Words

That last post was the longest I have put on this blog, so this one will be much shorter. Why, I wonder, is it that I can write over 2000 words (admittedly in instalments over a few days) of a blog entry with barely any effort, yet I remember writing uni essays of similar size with huge difficulty? Both my Aphra Behn post, and old essays, are non-fiction, and both on topics of interest to me, but I suppose the difference arises from the fact that, in this case, I am free of the conventions and formats of academic writing, which allows me to simply write, and I am writing for nobody but me, which makes it feel like a hobby rather than a chore, thereby motivating me more.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home