Lazy Luddite Log

10.8.08

Mundane Imaginings

I use some of my imagination for those things normally considered the realm of imagination - fantastic or outlandish notions and concepts. But I also spend much of my musings on imaginary variations on some rather everyday subject matter.

One I have pondered lately is what things would happen in the course of a week at a pub if that pub was the only one in a small town. Here is what I envisage.

Sundays Lunchtime - Piano Bar -
a local pianist plays while guests dine

Monday Evenings - Darts Competition

Tuesday Evenings - Pool & Snooker Night

Wednesday Evenings - Poker Night

Thursday Evenings - Trivia Quiz

Friday Evenings - Local three member band plays
covers and originals - everything from John Lee Hooker
to Red Hot Chili Peppers

Saturday Lunchtime - Toastmasters - locals come to practice speech-making on whatever topics interest them

Saturday Evenings - Local DJs play pop and dance tracks
for the local youth


A far cry I warrant from some of my other creative writing. I wonder why I do this. Why do I bother to imagine things that pretty much exist anyway?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • *sigh* oh if only the local pub were that interesting...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 01 September, 2008  

  • Well mine has the advantage of being anything I want it to be. It could be populated by Elves, Dwaves and Orcs if I really wanted it to. Yours has to draw on the talents of whomever lives in Katherine.

    By Blogger Dan, At 22 September, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home