Lazy Luddite Log

14.6.13

Faves

My posts have been a bit too involved lately. Here is something simpler and more fun. It is a list of some of my favourite things in particular categories. It is rather like those list memes that do the rounds of sites like LiveJournal. Some of these categories are a bit specific or unusual however. That is in part because I find it difficult to decide my favourites within the usual more conventional groupings. I like too many things. For instance - favourite musical genre? There are simply too many to choose from. This ironically takes me into areas for which I only have passing interest (such as architecture). If you only have so much exposure to something you only need to consider a limited amount of information. So onto my list.

1. Favourite skyscraper in my own city: 333 Collins Street

2. Favourite painting by an artist of my nationality: The Pioneer
by Frederick McCubbin

3. Favourite zoo exhibit: The seals or sealions

4. Favourite invertebrate: Ants

5. Favourite extinct life-form: Triceratops

6. Favourite flowering plant: Bottlebrush

7. Favourite food smell: Sesame Oil

8. Favourite non-food smell: Chlorine
(due to swimming pool associations)

9. Favourite hat: Currently my grey 'old feller' cap

10. Favourite spectator sport: The last thing of its kind I went to was Roller Derby - it was confusing and fast-moving and fun and there was a ska band.

11. Favourite modern instrument neglected in popular music: Cannot decide between electric organ and saxophone. So many guitar bands (even my favourite) would be improved by more of these.

12. Favourite TV Theme: Magnum PI

13. Favourite Black And White movie: Casablanca

14. Favourite poem: Kubla Khan by Coleridge

15. Favourite morality tale or fable: A draw between Stone Soup
or The North Wind And The Sun

16. Favourite childhood toy: I now very much miss this amazing multi-level department store that I have identified it since writing this list.

17. Favourite childhood game: Scarecrow Tiggy

18. Favourite season: Spring (I'm lucky to be hayfever free)

19. Favourite century: Twentieth Century AD

20. Favourite Platonic Solid: Icosahedron

You may want to check the last one on Wikipedia. I am sure many more could be added but I will rest at twenty. Others may want to reproduce this with their own responses. Or modify it and make it more suited to themselves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home